Places to Visit
The city of Larnaca was constructed atop the ancient city-kingdom of Kition. Historically, Larnaca was an important centre of copper trade and later a Phoenician stronghold, and it has a lovely seaport. Its cyclopean walls comprised of enormous stones and a complex of Greek Mycenaean temples dating back to the 12th century are still visible today..
Choirokoitia is located in the Maroni valley, approximately 6 kilometres from the island’s southern coast, in a rugged terrain at the foothills of the Troodos range. The Cypriot Aceramic Neolithic is the most striking illustration of the early formation of sedentary groups on the island and the development of an independent civilization.
Larnaka Salt Lake
The Larnaka Salt Lake, measuring 2.2 square kilometres, is the second largest salt lake in Cyprus. It was designated a protected area in 1997 in accordance with the Cypriot Law for the Protection and Management of Nature and Wildlife and the European Habitats Directive.
St. Lazarus Church
After being resurrected by Jesus Christ, Lazarus travelled to Cyprus. The Apostles Barnabas and Paul consecrated him as the first Bishop of Kition, and he resided in the city for thirty years.
This is the most well-known street in Larnaca. It is surrounded by large palm trees. Finikoudes Beach is one of the finest summertime beaches. With a tropical environment reminiscent of an oasis and an abundance of activities and entertainment, the day will pass quickly.
Piale Pasha Street
The street named Piale Pasa is a wonderful place to dine at a classic or contemporary restaurant. You may take a stroll along the Mediterranean Sea, surrounded by the Larnaca Medieval Castle on one side and the Mackenzie beach on the other.
These imposing arches are part of the old aqueduct of Larnaca. This aqueduct was constructed by the Romans. The Ottoman governor rebuilt the entire project in 1745, utilising the existing facilities. Until 1936, the arches directed the water of the Tremithos River to Larnaca.
Larnaka Castle is located near the end of Athens Avenue, the end of Palm Tree Promenade, and the beginning of Makenzie Beach Road. It was constructed in the 12th century as the first Byzantine fortress.
The Camel Park is home to a variety of species, including ostriches, lamas, goats, deer, ponies, kangaroos, turtles, fish, a variety of birds, and more.